Senior Corporate Counsel
|Senior Corporate Counsel
|Negotiable per annum
|2 maanden geleden
As the Senior Corporate Counsel for Oliver James you will report directly to the General Counsel in a Group Global Legal team based in Manchester. This is a new role and you will focus on corporate and commercial matters, leading and managing a high performing team of legal professionals, focussed on the smart and quality execution of the OJ Legal commercial service delivery (client and supplier contracts) and work alongside the General Counsel on corporate law matters across the Global OJ business.
The OJ Legal team has three qualified lawyers, a trainee solicitor and three other legal professionals, all based in Manchester.
To perform this role well, we require:
- Qualified solicitor.
- Extensive experience advising and negotiating on commercial contracts across different jurisdictions, including the USA.
- Deep and varied experience handling corporate matters across different jurisdictions, including involvement in M&A and CoSec matters.
- A proven ability to lead a team of legal professionals with a client-focussed solution driven approach, looking beyond black-letter legal to balance risk and commercial considerations.
- Genuine interest in leveraging technology and digitisation of legal operations.
- Clear and concise communication skills, which get to the point.
- Experience managing qualified and non-qualified legal professionals.
- Exposure to corporate law matters in different jurisdictions.
- Highly motivated and thrives in a fast paced and dynamic setting.
An insight into some of your responsibilities:
- Line management, coaching and professional development of qualified and non-qualified members of the OJ Legal team.
- Driving and monitoring excellent client service on OJ Legal team's legal matters, including taking a proactive approach to identifying client-focussed improvements.
- Supporting the General Counsel on corporate law matters and other advisory issues, taking the opportunity to work independently and drive matters forward.
- Providing quality, commercial, legal advice and leading negotiations on complex matters.
- Ownership of commercial contracts risks, and reporting in line with Group frameworks
- Leading on improvements in OJ Legal's documentation and processes, driving efficiencies and scalability alongside good governance.
- Managing external counsel on commercial and corporate matters, ensuring best value and high quality service standards.
- Supporting the General Counsel on corporate law matters and other advisory issues.
- Seeking opportunities to impact the development of the OJ Legal function.
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs