UBC Senior Consultant - Underwriting
|Job title:||UBC Senior Consultant - Underwriting|
|Salary:||negotiable per annum|
|Contact name:||NewYork Careers|
|Published:||etwa 15 Stunden her|
This position is for a Senior Consultant working in our New York office, as part of our market-leading Underwriting, Brokerage and Claims [UBC] division. This is exciting opportunity will have a specific focus within Underwriting, working with clients across InsurTech, FinTech and International Carriers.
Working at OJ:
At Oliver James people are our strength, they are our competitive edge and the key to our success and the service we provide.
When you join OJ, you enter an environment where your career progression is taken seriously. From day one, our global People and Performance team will work with you to build your confidence and knowledge through a tailored training programme, and this remains the case at every stage of your career.
We provide you with the platform to perform to the best of your ability and continuously develop. You have the authority and accountability to be responsible for the speed and success of your own career progression and development through a transparent promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress.
Every team at OJ is made of individuals with unique strengths, so we provide an inclusive work culture that is collaborative and committed to a collective vision. You will work with some of the most talent professionals and will be supported by investment in the world's most innovative tools and OJ's agile working environment.
We work hard, are ambitious, but most importantly, we celebrate success and love what we do! If you have the drive to be the best at what you do, you can expect high levels of trust and support in return. Wherever you want your career to go, OJ will provide you with the platform to take your career to the next level.
About the role
As Senior Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Proactively headhunting candidates and developing new business relationships.
- Building a profitable desk, working closely with the existing team, sharing information and contacts, and taking advantage of our extensive client base.
- Defining client requirements whilst mapping out the organizational structure, the culture, and client's annual growth plans.
- Networking with candidates and clients over the phone and face to face, organizing networking events and client presentations.
- Negotiating commercial terms and understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and contract hires.
- 1-3 years' recruitment experience, ideally within the Underwriting, Brokerage and Claims sector
- Ambition to manage a team/ help others grow in a positive manner.
- A positive and adaptive mindset.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
What we offer
- Transparent promotion pathway at every level
- Excellent and competitive benefits
- Holiday close-down between Christmas and New Year
- Monthly OJ get togethers
- Annual company events
- Extended lunch break for gym-goers
- Free snacks in the office
- Hybrid (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
Introduction to OJ New York from Stewart Cherry, Senior Vice President, New York
Welcome to OJ New York!
Our New York office has experienced exponential growth since opening in 2016 and is home to some of the highest performers in the industry; people who are incredibly talented and driven entrepreneurs and have been able to develop their careers alongside the growth of OJ.
It's our aspiration to be one of the leading recruitment companies in the U.S. both to work for and with. We are set to double in size in the next 2-3 years and are looking for highly driven and ambitious people who will take charge of their career, grab the opportunities that arise, and make their market on the future of OJ New York.
As a business we constantly strive to improve and deliver excellence, and we expect you to do the same. You are surrounded by the best of the industry and everyone works towards a common goal -achieve success, deliver excellence, and have a lot of fun whilst doing it.
OJ New York has an engaging and collaborative environment. From day one and throughout your career, you are given a transparent and tailored promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress, as well as the opportunity to take your career and earning potential to the next level.
If you have the drive to learn, work hard, and are ambitious, our global People and Performance team will help (and challenge) you to perform to the best of your ability every day.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our high performing New York team!
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs