Trainee Recruitment Consultant
|Trainee Recruitment Consultant
|£50000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits, commission & bonus per annum
|about 2 months ago
Job Title: Associate Consultant
Reporting to: Kirsty McErlain (Academy Partner)
As a result of our continuous growth, we are looking to hire a recent graduate with aspirations to get into sales to join our Academy Program in the Oliver James Austin NYC office.
Oliver James is a global specialist recruitment partner to the world's leading global corporates and scale-up organisations. Over the past 22 years, we have grown organically and consistently, becoming a renowned search and selection consulting firm operating out of 15 global offices across the UK and Ireland, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America, with a headcount of over 900 employees.
At Oliver James people are our strength, they are our competitive edge and the key to our success and the service we provide. When you join OJ, you enter an environment where your career progression is taken seriously. From day one, our global People and Performance team will work with you to build your confidence and knowledge through a tailored training programme, and this remains the case at every stage of your career.
We provide you with the platform to perform to the best of your ability and continuously develop. You have the authority and accountability to be responsible for the speed and success of your own career progression and development through a transparent promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress.
Every team at OJ is made of individuals with unique strengths, so we provide an inclusive work culture that is collaborative and committed to a collective vision. You will work with some of the most talented professionals and will be supported by investment in the world's most innovative tools and OJ's agile working environment.
We work hard, are ambitious, but most importantly, we celebrate success and love what we do! If you have the drive to be the best at what you do, you can expect high levels of trust and support in return. Wherever you want your career to go, OJ will provide you with the platform to take your career to the next level.
About the Academy program:
Our 3-month Academy program provides you with the foundations to become a specialist and international head-hunter. You will become part of a team of like-minded individuals and will be trained and supported by our People and Performance team and Managers throughout your learning journey. You will attend team core training, e-learning programmes, role plays, and one-to-one coaching sessions as part of your continuous development.
The program will be divided into 3 core modules:
- Recruitment process: understanding how to handle the recruitment lifecycle from the qualification of a vacancy from a client, through to the engagement of suitable candidates, and the placement of the most suited candidate.
- Business Development: understanding how to create, build, and keep business partnerships with clients, as well as how and how to anticipate commercial opportunities.
- Technical workshops: understanding the professional networks we specialise in across IT, Finance, Change and Digital.
Objective of the Academy program:
At the end of the three months, you will have a full-time opportunity at Oliver James and have the skills to be an effective OJ Associate Consultant with the following responsibilities:
- Identifying suitable candidates through multiple innovative channels
- Consulting candidates and clients through the recruitment processes
- Developing long-term relationships for repeat business
- As an upcoming specialist within your recruitment market, you are on top of your game with your knowledge regarding our clients and the market you work in
What we are looking for:
- Positive attitude
- Good problem-solving and networking skills
- Passionate and curious about the head-hunting sector
- Eagerness to learn and get out of your comfort zone
- Excellent communication skills
What you can get from us:
- International and inclusive working environment
- Clear pathway to recruitment career
- Tailored Training program: core recruitment and sales trainings, coaching, group training, role plays, case studies
- Collaborative fast-paced work environment
- Extended lunch break for gym-goers
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Annual Company Events (market-leading Christmas and Summer Party)
Introduction to OJ New York from Stewart Cherry, Senior Vice President, New York
Welcome to OJ New York!
Our New York office has experienced exponential growth since opening in 2016 and is home to some of the highest performers in the industry; people who are incredibly talented and driven entrepreneurs and have been able to develop their careers alongside the growth of OJ.
It's our aspiration to be one of the leading recruitment companies in the U.S. both to work for and with. We are set to double in size in the next 2-3 years and are looking for highly driven and ambitious people who will take charge of their career, grab the opportunities that arise, and make their market on the future of OJ New York.
As a business we constantly strive to improve and deliver excellence, and we expect you to do the same. You are surrounded by the best of the industry, and everyone works towards a common goal -achieve success, deliver excellence, and have a lot of fun whilst doing it.
OJ New York has an engaging and collaborative environment. From day one and throughout your career, you are given a transparent and tailored promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress, as well as the opportunity to take your career and earning potential to the next level.
If you have the drive to learn, work hard, and are ambitious, our global People and Performance team will help (and challenge) you to perform to the best of your ability every day.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our high performing New York team!
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs