Managing Consultant - UBC
|Job title:||Managing Consultant - UBC|
|Salary:||Negotiable per annum|
|Contact name:||NewYork Careers|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
This position is for a Managing Consultant/ Manager working in our New York office, joining the industry leading Underwriting Broking and Claims. (UBC) division. The position will focus on developing Oliver James' presence within the Underwriting market, focusing only on high level professionals and fees. This is a brilliant opportunity to join an incredibly successful and expanding division, playing an instrumental role in the projected headcount growth of 25 people by the end of 2023.
If you are ambitious to be a leader and want to build your career in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, then this is the role for you.
Working at OJ:
At Oliver James people are our strength, they are our competitive edge and the key to our success and the service we provide.
When you join OJ, you enter an environment where your career progression is taken seriously. From day one, our global People and Performance team will work with you to build your confidence and knowledge through a tailored training programme, and this remains the case at every stage of your career.
We provide you with the platform to perform to the best of your ability and continuously develop. You have the authority and accountability to be responsible for the speed and success of your own career progression and development through a transparent promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress.
Every team at OJ is made of individuals with unique strengths, so we provide an inclusive work culture that is collaborative and committed to a collective vision. You will work with some of the most talented professionals and will be supported by investment in the world's most innovative tools and OJ's agile working environment.
We work hard, are ambitious, but most importantly, we celebrate success and love what we do! If you have the drive to be the best at what you do, you can expect high levels of trust and support in return. Wherever you want your career to go, OJ will provide you with the platform to take your career to the next level.
About the role
As Manager your responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out the full 360-degree recruitment.
- Leading from the front in all recruitment areas; networking with and defining our client's key requirements while mapping out the organizational structure, understanding the culture and growth plans.
- Develop and implement innovative recruiting strategies to attract and source high quality candidates.
- Building and developing your leadership skills, playing a key role in building the team to 25 over the next 2 years.
- 3-4+ years' recruitment experience, with impressive track record of success.
- Ability to network and build relationships with clients ranging from domestic SME to FTSE 500 companies.
- Strong consulting skills, with the gravitas to challenge prospective customers.
- Ambitious and career minded recruitment professional, who embraces working in a competitive and high achieving team.
- Demonstrate leadership skills: leading by example, influencing clients and candidates, nurturing and developing consultants.
- Previous management experience is a bonus.
- Positive, resilient and goal driven.
What we offer
- Huge earning potential
- Transparent promotion pathway at every level
- Excellent and competitive benefits
- Tailored training at every level
- Festive close-down* + holiday allowance (*location dependant)
- Monthly OJ get togethers
- Annual Company Events
- Extended lunch break for gym-goers
Introduction to OJ New York from Stewart Cherry, Senior Vice President, New York
Welcome to OJ New York!
Our New York office has experienced exponential growth since opening in 2016 and is home to some of the highest performers in the industry; people who are incredibly talented and driven entrepreneurs and have been able to develop their careers alongside the growth of OJ.
It's our aspiration to be one of the leading recruitment companies in the U.S. both to work for and with. We are set to double in size in the next 2-3 years and are looking for highly driven and ambitious people who will take charge of their career, grab the opportunities that arise, and make their mark on the future of OJ New York.
As a business we constantly strive to improve and deliver excellence, and we expect you to do the same. You are surrounded by the best of the industry and everyone works towards a common goal -achieve success, deliver excellence, and have a lot of fun whilst doing it.
OJ New York has an engaging and collaborative environment. From day one and throughout your career, you are given a transparent and tailored promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress, as well as the opportunity to take your career and earning potential to the next level.
If you have the drive to learn, work hard, and are ambitious, our global People and Performance team will help (and challenge) you to perform to the best of your ability every day.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our high performing New York team!
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs