Experienced Recruitment Consultant
|Experienced Recruitment Consultant
|Negotiable per annum
|29 days ago
This position is for an experienced Recruitment Consultant, title dependent on experience, working at our Manchester office, focusing on Permanent Actuarial Recruitment across the DACH region.
Working at OJ:
At Oliver James people are our strength, they are our competitive edge and the key to our success and the service we provide.
When you join OJ, you enter an environment where your career progression is taken seriously. From day one, our global People and Performance team will work with you to build your confidence and knowledge through a tailored training programme, and this remains the case at every stage of your career.
We provide you with the platform to perform to the best of your ability and continuously develop. You have the authority and accountability to be responsible for the speed and success of your own career progression and development through a transparent promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress.
Every team at OJ is made of individuals with unique strengths, so we provide an inclusive work culture that is collaborative and committed to a collective vision. You will work with some of the most talented professionals and will be supported by investment in the world's most innovative tools and OJ's agile working environment.
We work hard and are ambitious, but most importantly, we celebrate success and love what we do! If you have the drive to be the best at what you do, you can expect high levels of trust and support in return. Wherever you want your career to go, OJ will provide you with the platform to take your career to the next level.
About the role
As an experienced Recruiter, your responsibilities will be:
- Proactively headhunting candidates and developing a map of who is active and passive in the market
- Establishing new business relationships through cold calling, client meetings, flipping senior headhunts
- Building a profitable desk specifically across the Actuarial DACH market, working closely with the existing team, sharing information and contacts, and taking advantage of our extensive existing client base.
- Defining client requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture, and the client's annual growth plans
- Networking with candidates and clients, organising networking events and client presentations
- Negotiating commercial terms, understanding the implication of the PSL for hires
- Cross-selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
- Adding contacts to the database to map out potential new clients
- Business development calls to prospective clients either by chasing an active lead or making the call to introduce a candidate/your service
- Speaking to active candidates to track where they are going in the market, collecting leads and commercial information you can use for your own business development
- Build relationships with senior candidates which in turn can be flipped into clients
- Sourcing / headhunting candidates actively for live roles
- Taking candidates out to market by calls to clients, emailing their profile to the client directly, using LinkedIn inmails. Following up on any emails with calls to sell in the profile
- Managing interview processes through to offer
- Meeting your monthly financial target, if not ensuring your quarterly target is met across the 3 month period.
- Collaborating with peers on sharing candidates, commercial information and in building out your vertical as a team on the database
- As an experienced Recruiter, you will be able to demonstrate that you are a proven business developer, networker, and headhunter
- We are looking for confident, bright, and resilient individuals who thrive in a competitive environment that is challenging yet rewarding.
- You must thrive under pressure and be goal-driven
- You will have 2+ years of experience across a professional services market
- A solid business mind and the gravitas to challenge prospective customers.
- You will have excellent communication skills, and an impressive presence and demonstrate the ability to build long-term business relationships.
- You must display ambition and a track record of high achievement either in or out of work.
- Career-minded individuals who are looking for a role with rapid progression based on merit
What we offer
- Transparent promotion pathway at every level
- Excellent and competitive benefits including generous pension and healthcare
- Extra day holiday with each year of service
- Tailored training at every level
- Festive close-down + extra holiday allowance
- Monthly OJ get-togethers
- Annual Company Events
- Extended lunch break for gym-goers
- Quarterly lunch club incentives
Introduction to OJ Manchester from Rick Davis, UK Director
Welcome to OJ Manchester!
Manchester is the global HQ of the Oliver James Group and our goal is to remain a centre of excellence when it comes to hiring new talent, providing them with the tools to succeed and ultimately, allow people to grow long and lucrative careers within the Group, whether that be UK or abroad.
Our office has been responsible for creating over 65% of the Group's Global Director community, along with a large proportion of top-performing consultants each year. As a leadership team, we work hard to ensure our culture puts people at the forefront of everything we do. We believe everyone should benefit from our award-winning training plan, no matter their level, experience, or job role, so we tailor a development plan to suit every individual who entrusts their career to Oliver James.
Above all, we want people to excel in our business by enjoying their work. We listen to people, promote well-being and flexibility, and make sure they enter the office each day with a purpose and smile.
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs