|Job title:||Managament Accountant|
|Salary:||Negotiable per annum|
|Contact name:||Milan Careers|
|Published:||19 Tage her|
We are looking for a Management Accountant working in our Manchester Office.
Who we are
We are Oliver James, a global recruitment & consulting group that has been introducing talented people to great organisations since 2002. As a business, we are achieving year-on-year growth of 30%, operate across 30 countries and open an average of 3 international offices a year, with no signs of slowing down! We put this track record down to our adaptability, allowing us to consistently outperform the market in the face of change; providing sustainability and reliability to our clients and people.
Global Operations at Oliver James is an integral part of the group. Based in Manchester, we provide the infrastructure, the innovation, the transformation and the scalable capabilities which have allowed us to become a £220 million turnover business.
We have an incredibly clear view of where we want to go and by when, exactly like our people. It is based on these very principles that we have achieved awards such as the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and the Sunday Times International Track Recruiter100, to name a few.
We're growing faster than we expected, and while that's humbling it means that your career will develop quickly too, giving you the unique opportunity to say that you were "there at the beginning"!
We think we're building something pretty special here at Oliver James Global Operations:
- We empower our team members to think big and we are built for those who thrive on delivering results; providing you the opportunity to seek the extraordinary and become your best, no matter your role or expertise.
- We breed a culture of excellence and inclusivity, a team that people are proud to work for; a place where people can thrive and make a difference.
All of our business functions support Oliver James' wider goals and ambitions - to make a remarkable impact globally. So what's stopping you, come and join us.
As Management Accountant you will report directly to the Financial Controller in a centralised Group finance function, the focus of the role will be for a selection legal entities in Europe. Key areas of the role will be providing financial & commercial performance analysis to senior stake holders, maintaining a robust financial control environment, co-ordination and delivery of timely reporting in line with applicable accounting standards. This role will give you the opportunity to work alongside regional directors, senior members of the sales force in addition to department heads throughout the operations and support functions You will be a confident individual with strong communication skills.
Contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by monitoring and reporting variances to budget
Preparation of entity management accounts and reporting packs to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
An insight into some of your responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain financial systems and processes to implement best practice and efficiencies
- Manage external relationships with relevant entity professional service suppliers to ensure that they are operating effectively and provide the best value to the business
- Manage the relevant entity audit process and preparation of financial statements and corporate tax returns in conjunction with professional service advisors
- Manage the entity's tax requirements in conjunction with professional service advisors
- Support the Director of Finance with the raising of working capital and maintaining covenant reporting with partner banks both locally and internationally
- Involvement in ad hoc project work to ensure the continuous improvement of internal controls, finance transformation and processes across the finance department.
- Support the Commercial Finance team with the preparation of quarterly & annual forecasts
- Support the Treasury team with cash requirement forecasts to meet payment obligations
- Support the Payroll department with review of consultant commission calculations
To perform this role well, we require:
- Great role for a technically astute qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with necessary industry experience
- In depth technical accounting knowledge gained in a global environment
- Academic degree
- Italian and English are mandatory, Spanish is considered a plus
- Work in an autonomous role where you can manage your own working day with a high degree of responsibility
- Strong organisation, communication and presentational skills
- Strong leadership skills Desirable
- SAP By Design accounting software package
- Previous industry experience desirable
- Available to relocate
What We Offer
- Transparent promotion pathway at every level
- Very competitive scheme bonus
- Hybrid workplace
- Tailored training at every level
- Annual Company Events
- Working in a young, collaborative and fast-paced international environment
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company who can offer long term career and development opportunities.
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs